- Pouria Saidi, Recovery of periodic signals and brain signal processing
- Ismail Alkhouri, Adversarial attacks (co-advised with W. Mikhael)
- Akram Awad, Data analytics of smart buildings
- Yicong He, Robust and scalable learning
- Alan Paris, Neurological signal modeling and processing
- Mahlagha Sedghi (PhD), "In Pursuit of Low-Dimensional Manifold Structures in High-Dimensional Data"
- Andre Beckus (PhD), "Passive Scene Reconstruction in Non-Line-of-Sight Scenarios"
- Davood Mardani (PhD), "Sparse Signal Recovery Under Sensing and Physical Hardware Constraints"
- Ahmed Hemida (PhD), "Game-theoretic Frameworks for Defense Against Network Jamming and Collocation Attacks"
- Mostafa Rahmani (PhD), "Robust, Scalable and Provable Approaches to High-Dimensional Unsupervised Learning", Spring 2018.
- Ahmed Aldhahab (PhD) (Co-advised with W. Mikhael), "High Performance Techniques for Face Recognition", Spring 2017.
- Alan Paris (PhD) (Co-advised with A. Vosoughi), "Biophysical Sources of 1/f-Type Noises in Neurological Systems", Fall 2016.
- Omid Sarayanibafghi (MS), "Compressive and Coded Change Detection: Theory and Application to Structural Health Monitoring", Summer 2016.
- Pouria Saidi (MS), "Motor Imagery Classification using Sparse Representation of EEG Signals", Summer 2015.
- Edward Jimenez (MS), "Resource Allocation and Load-shedding Policies based on Markov Decision Processes for Renewable Energy Generation and Storage", Spring 2015.